Popular festivals in Lanzarote in July
The popular festivals that take place each summer are a fabulous way to fully integrate into the local life of Lanzarote while you are on holiday. So that you don’t miss out on the most popular festivals on the island in July, make a note of these dates in your calendar:
- 24 June. This is not a mix-up. The festival of San Juan Bautista is celebrated on this day and from then, during the entire month of July, there are festivals in the town of Haria and its surroundings. Every weekend in July, activities are organised in honour of the patron saint. There are local food stalls and a whole range of activities for all audiences. It is ideal for the family.
- 7 July. On this date the festival of San Marcial del Rubicón is celebrated. He is the patron saint of the island of Lanzarote. For this reason, during the first week of July, celebrations in his honour are organised in numerous locations. Our advice is to visit Femés, a southern town where the image of this saint is venerated.
- 16 July. This is the feast of the Virgen del Carmen so in Lanzarote there is a traditional seafaring procession in which fishermen ask to have a good season. It is one of the island’s most important festivals and in each municipality different activities are celebrated (verbenas, workshops, dances, craft fairs, etc). We recommend you visit Puerto del Carmen (Tías), of course, but also other municipalities such as Playa Blanca, Arrieta or Arrecife.
There are also other popular July festivals including:
|1 July||Haría||Cristo de la Sed|
|1 July||Mala (Haría)||Maria Auxiliadora|
|2 July||La Vegueta (Tinajo)||Nuestra Señora de Regla|
|16 July||La Graciosa (Teguise)||San Francisco de Asís|
|20 July||Guatiza (Teguise)||Santa Margarita|
|22 July||Masdache (Tías)||Santa María Magdalena|
|25 July||Tegoyo y Conil (Tías)||Sagrado Corazón de Jesús|
|25 and 26 July||Tahiche (Teguise)||Santiago and Santa Ana|
Lanzarote’s temperature in July
Lanzarote enjoys a mild and pleasant climate all year round. It also has a cooler summer than in many parts of the Spanish mainland.
July is ideal for a holiday in Lanzarote because temperatures are between 21ºC and 23ºC, with an average of around 22ºC.
It almost never rains during this time so you have the perfect climate to enjoy the island: beaches, excursions, sports, leisure and many other things to do.
Concerts in Lanzarote in July
Another reason to come to Lanzarote in July is to enjoy the music as there are several fantastic concerts and festivals on the island. There are all kinds of performances in many different musical styles. Here are some of the highlights planned for 2023:
- 6 July. Theo Croker and Juan Sebastián Trío bring jazz and swing to the island. They perform at the MIAC-Castillo de San José. Tickets cost 10 euros.
- 22 July. The Canarias Remember the 90s Festival takes us on a musical journey of that unforgettable decade. With tickets from 24 euros, the football ground Los Molinos de Teguise hosts performances by groups such as La Guardia, OBK and Amistades Peligrosas, as well as Rafa Sánchez, singer of La Union.
Events you cannot afford to miss if you visit the island in July
Popular festivals, music, weather… and many events! For example, the ones available every Friday night in Jameos del Agua with night visits to the cave, food and music.
And also in Lanzarote in July there are sporting events such as the Alps Golf Tour for lovers of this discipline.