Volcanoes, mountains, beaches, nature, deserts, natural pools and charming villages is what awaits you in both Lanzarote and Gran Canaria, two of the most popular islands of the Canary Islands.
Lanzarote or Gran Canaria, what will be your next destination in the archipelago?
Advantages of visiting Lanzarote
Lanzarote is one of the most visited islands of the Canary Islands. The continuous volcanic eruptions have marked the history of Lanzarote and its peculiar scenic beauty. The black, reddish, and ochre tones of the island merge with the blue color of the ocean that surrounds Lanzarote.
Undoubtedly, Lanzarote is not only an aesthetically beautiful destination, but it is also a destination capable of offering multiple advantages on your next visit:
- It is the perfect holiday place to travel alone, with children, family, or friends.
- It has plans and leisure options for all tastes.
- It offers a wide variety of options and activities around nature, both inland and on the coast.
- It has a large number of small white villages full of culture and charm.
- In Lanzarote you can visit unique places in the world such as the National Park of Timanfaya.
- Its lunar landscape is something you’ve never seen before anywhere else.
- The local gastronomy is truly rich, varied, and delicious.
- It is the perfect place to relax, but also to perform adrenaline-fuelled activities.
- It has unique natural landscapes such as the Cueva de los Verdes.
- It is an island full of contrasts in terms of landscape, culture, history, and leisure options.
- It is also the perfect destination if you have little vacation time. Check out our guide of 3 days in Lanzarote.
- It has beautiful beaches of cristalina water such as those of Punta del Papagayo.
- In Lanzarote you can enjoy a beautiful natural combination of colors, as on the beach of Charco de los Clicos.
- It is famous for the artistic and architectural footprint of César Manrique.
- From Lanzarote you can go on an excursion to La Graciosa.
- The seabed of Lanzarote is a unique place for diving lovers.
- It has perfect beaches for surfing and adapted to different levels.
Advantages of visiting Gran Canaria
Gran Canaria is one of the most visited islands every year. With a capital full of beauty, Gran Canaria hides much more: wild landscapes, charming villages and an interior to discover.
Some of the main advantages of travelling to Gran Canaria are:
- Kilometric golden sand beaches in the south.
- Unique landscapes such as the Dunes of Maspalomas.
- You can visit well preserved Canarian architecture.
- Unique sunsets from the Pico de las Nieves.
- It is an ideal destination for thosewho are looking for a sun and beach holiday.
- The capital has a very nice historic center.
- Its mountainous interior offers different routes and trails.
So which island is more beautiful, Lanzarote or Gran Canaria?
As you can see, it is not easy to have to wander between Lanzarote or Gran Canaria since they are not only matched by their beauty, but also by the multiple advantages they offer. Keep in mind the days you have and think about what kind of plans you most want for your own vacation.
If you mean beach and sun, the long beaches of Gran Canaria may be what you are looking for; if, on the contrary, you prefer an island with a beach but also with many other plans to do, Lanzarote may be your ideal destination.
Hard to choose between one and the other, right? Whether you choose one or the other island, we will be happy to have you nearby and enjoy all the good that the Canary Islands have to offer. We are waiting for you!