Why choose Lanzarote for a summer camp?
Lanzarote has so many attractions for an unforgettable holiday. And, of course, this includes the opportunity to enjoy a summer camp. Here are some reasons why it is so attractive:
- The climate is mild and pleasant all year round.
- The natural landscapes are breathtaking.
- It has some of the best beaches in the Canary Islands.
- You can enjoy a rich regional gastronomy.
- There are many places of artistic and cultural interest to visit.
- You can practise sports of all kinds including surfing, hiking and cycling to name but a few.
And, of course, a summer camp in Lanzarote can be the best part of the holiday.
Recommended age for a summer camp in Lanzarote
There are a wide variety of different summer camps in Lanzarote. And for each of them there is a recommended age range.
The suitability for children of different ages depends on the specific characteristics and activities in each camp. Doing arts and crafts is obviously more pleasurable for a child of 6 than it would be for a child of 15 whose interests are very different. So there are options for everyone!
What activities can be done in the camp?
In Lanzarote, it is possible to find many different kinds of summer camps, each with a specific purpose. For example:
- Learning English or other languages.
- Playing sports.
- Adventure camps.
- Being in contact with nature.
- Doing activities on boats.
The summer camps in Lanzarote usually have a limited number of places, as groups can be small, so it is advisable to book yours as soon as possible.
These activities are organised over several geographical locations on the island, although there is generally a greater variety in the more touristy areas.
What is included in the Lanzarote summer camps?
Summer camps in Lanzarote are organised with everyone in mind including both residents and visitors. This means that you have the option of attending a camp either with or without accommodation included.
You can also choose between a camp in the countryside or an urban area, depending on the preferences of each family.
There are many companies that organise summer camps on the island so there are plenty of options available. What is usually included?
- Outdoor recreational activities.
- Training Courses.
- Material to carry out the activities.
- Responsible supervisors.
Some camps will include more or less of these features so it is up to you to decide which will be the most suitable for your needs. Different activities will also influence how much the camp will cost. In what way?
- Accommodation included is more expensive than without it.
- The meal plan: full board or half board.
- The type of activities carried out: entrance fees to water parks or access to museums have additional costs, whilst hiking or attending workshops within the camp grounds do not cost anything extra.
- Sometimes there are additional transport costs involved in order to travel to certain activities and excursions.
- To practise certain activities, specific equipment has to be rented out (for example, wetsuits and surfboards).
There are a wide variety of options so it is always advisable to study in advance all the available camps. If you take your time to study, you can choose a summer camp in Lanzarote that will be perfectly adapted to the age and preferences of your children.