Lanzarote is a volcanic island where the wind meets the sea. Full of charming places, the island of Lanzarote has incredible corners in each and every one of its towns and villages. Among its long kilometres of volcanic sand and palm groves you will find marvellous treasures that will impress you.
Lanzarote is, without a doubt, an authentic dream landscape that you can’t miss. Do you want to come and discover the best of its towns and villages? We’ll tell you all about them!
Where is Costa Teguise?
Located in the east of the island of Lanzarote, Costa Teguise is relatively close to the island capital and less than 15 minutes by car from the airport. Its proximity to Arrecife and the easy communication it offers make Costa Teguise the destination of many people due to its wide and great tourist offer.
What to see in Costa Teguise?
Costa Teguise is one of the most attractive tourist destinations in Lanzarote. Its wide range of beaches, services and accommodation makes it one of the favorite destinations for families and couples visiting the island.
Without a doubt, the white sand beaches of Costa Teguise are one of the main reasons why thousands of tourists come here year after year. Its gastronomic offer complements the different leisure options and activities that it has: golf courses, sports, water activities, nightlife and much more!
Also, if you come to Costa Teguise, you won’t be able to leave without visiting:
- Playa de las Cucharas: it is one of the best known beaches in Lanzarote for lovers of water sports. It is also one of the beaches chosen by tourists who seek tranquility and disconnection.
- Playa del Jablillo: despite its small size, this beach is a true haven of peace, a characteristic that makes it one of the most loved places in Costa Teguise.
- Garden of the Gran Meliá Salinas hotel: even if you are not staying at the hotel, it is worth visiting the beautiful gardens that César Manrique designed in the first hotel built in Costa Teguise.
- Pueblo Marinero: designed by César Manrique, it is a great tribute to the typical architecture of the Canary Islands. It is the perfect place to enjoy the leisure of the area but in a quiet and picturesque environment.
- Costa Teguise promenade: it is one of the most visited places in the area thanks to its more than five kilometers where you can walk next to the beach.
Our recommendations in Costa Teguise
The best food in Costa Teguise
Costa Teguise, among other things, is a place known for a unique gastronomy. In its restaurants you can enjoy fish and seafood as the protagonists of many of its dishes. Products of the soil and stockfarming will make you fall in love with the food of Costa Teguise.
Grilled fish, wrinkled potatoes, sancocho, gofio, sweet potato … you can taste the most typical food in Costa Teguise. And, of course, you also have to try some of the dishes made with baifo meat, a kind of goat typical of the area that can be fried, baked and even in adobo. Walk the streets of Costa Teguise and enjoy its most authentic gastronomy.
Shopping in Costa Teguise
Shopping in Costa Teguise is also a great attraction to visit the town. With a wide variety of national, international and handicraft brands, in Costa Teguise you can enjoy an afternoon of shopping in Pueblo Marinero or in Villa de Teguise.
Weather in Costa Teguise
In general, Costa Teguise has an arid climate so the temperature during the day is warm, and at night it is usually much colder. The average annual temperature of Costa Teguise is around 20 ° and the average annual rainfall is around 200 mm. Precipitations are not usually common or very abundant.
Party in Costa Teguise
Costa Teguise enjoys several festivals, some of which are:
- White Night Party (July 3)
- Festivities of San Rafael (23, 24 and 25 October)
How to get to Costa Teguise?
The best municipalities of Lanzarote
Route of films set in Lanzarote
Lanzarote is not only one of the most attractive tourist destinations for its beaches and spectacular natural landscapes, but these qualities have also made it the scene of major film and television productions. Recently, series such as Foundation (Apple TV) or Welcome to Eden (Netflix) have chosen the island for the recording of their plots but, before, Lanzarote had already hosted other shootings of great impact. Do you want to discover the route of the films shot in Lanzarote?
What does Lanzarote offer in winter?
They say that the best time to visit Lanzarote are the months of April, May, June, September and October. Why? Because there are more hours of light so you can get to know the island better, because the climate is very pleasant and because the prices are cheaper as it is low season. But who says you can't visit Lanzarote in the cold months? There are many reasons for a trip at this time of year. Enjoy Lanzarote in winter!
No preferences selected, enter here
Location is not activated, enter here