Popular festivities in Lanzarote in December
In December in Lanzarote, there are some traditional popular festivities. Which ones are the most popular?
- 3rd December: San Francisco Javier in the San Francisco Javier quartier (Arrecife) and in the small village of Ye (Haría).
- 4th December: Santa Bárbara, in the village of Máguez (Haría).
- 8th December: Santa María de La Vega, in the La Vega quartier (Arrecife)
- 13th December: Santa Lucía, in the village of Mozaga (Teguise).
- 27th December: San Juan Evangelista, in the village of Soo (Teguise)
What is the weather like in Lanzarote in December?
Lanzarote is one of the islands with the driest climate in the Canary Islands, because it rains only a few days, mainly in winter and in the northern part.
This means that the probability of rain in Lanzarote in December is low, which adds to the very pleasant temperatures that are one of the main attractions for a getaway to the island at the end of the year.
What is the temperature in Lanzarote in December?
Temperatures in Lanzarote are very pleasant during the whole year. December is one of the coldest months on the island, but the temperature rarely drops below 19ºC.
Temperatures in Lanzarote in December are around 20ºC (it rarely exceeds 24ºC), and the minimum temperature during the nights reaches 15ºC on average (they don’t usually drop below 13ºC or exceed 18ºC).
What to wear in Lanzarote in December?
If you are travelling to Lanzarote in December, you can bring some warm clothes, although it also depends on your tolerance to the cold.
It is not necessary to take very warm clothes, but it’s never a bad idea to pack some warm clothes if you have any evening plans when temperatures are a little cooler (jacket or sweatshirt, some long trousers, etc.).
What you will certainly need is comfortable and cool clothes, such as short-sleeve T-shirts. And don’t forget your swimming costume! You will for sure find some time for a nice dip.
The events you cannot miss if you visit the island in December
There are many cultural, sports, and leisure activities in December that are sure to be an added incentive during your visit. Here you have some of the most popular events so you can plan your trip better if you want to enjoy different plans:
- 2nd December: Lanzarote 2023 Marathon. This popular race at sea level celebrates a new edition with a circuit that begins and ends in Costa Teguise.
- 15th December:XI Lanzarote Golf Tour Aesgolf – Grand Teguise Playa 2023 Trophy. This senior circuit takes place in seven peninsular cities between May and October, with a national final on the island.
- 30th December: 7º Billabong Quemao Class. This surf and bodyboard competition brings together 32 participants per category in La Santa (Tinajo). The date will depend on the swell conditions.
Apart from these sports events, there are also cultural activities and there are even some dates to visit some of the traditional markets that are so popular on the island, such as the ones of Costa Teguise, Mancha Blanca, or Uga. Don’t miss them during your getaway to Lanzarote in December!