Excursions in Lanzarote
Discover the best excursions in Lanzarote
Regardless of where you are staying in Lanzarote, you will find many options for excursions to discover the island as you prefer. In Lanzarote you will find everything you can imagine: guided tours, shows, activities for children, museums, water excursions, hiking routes and even gastronomic activities.
How about an excursion to the island’s volcanoes? Or do you prefer a more touristy option to visit Timanfaya and Jameos del Agua? At Lanzarote.com you’ll find recommendations for some of the best excursions and activities you can do while visiting the island.
Excursions in Lanzarote from Playa Blanca
Playa Blanca is one of the most touristic destinations of the island and, for this reason, it has a multitude of excursions to do from there. Some of the best known are:
- Lobos Island and Corralejo: visit Lobos Island and Corralejo on a day trip. You will explore the vastness of the sea on a quick boat trip and upon arrival you will enjoy the paradisiacal beaches of the island and the beautiful town of Corralejo.
- Cruise to Playa Papagayo: board this special boat that will take you to the coast of Papagayo. You will enjoy a relaxing sea trip and you will be able to swim in the crystal clear waters of one of the most famous areas of the island.
- Jet ski: if you prefer to feel the adrenaline of speed on the sea, in Playa Blanca you can experience a trip on a jet ski for one or two people.
Excursions in Lanzarote from Costa Teguise
Costa Teguise is another tourist spot on the island. Being situated in the central area of Lanzarote, it offers the possibility to make other types of excursions such as:
- Teguise and Fundación César Manrique: in the small town of Teguise you will find countless places to photograph. In addition, its popular street market fills the square every Sunday with color, music and vibrant atmosphere, as well as local products. Very close to Teguise you can also visit the famous César Manrique Foundation on the same day.
- Dolphin watching: from Costa Teguise you can embark on an unforgettable adventure. On this sea excursion you can spot dolphins in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean while enjoying a picnic or a refreshing swim in paradisiacal beaches.
Excursions in Lanzarote from Puerto del Carmen
Puerto del Carmen offers a wide variety of leisure activities and, of course, multitude of excursions, among which the following stand out:
- Tour through the vineyards of La Geria: enjoy a different wine experience in the unique and colourful area of La Geria, one of the most famous wine-growing areas in the country.
- Water activities: in Puerto del Carmen you can do any water activity you can imagine. From jet skiing to scuba diving, snorkeling or free diving.
- Sailing trip or catamaran trip along the coast: if you are looking for an excursion with a romantic touch, how about a sunset sailing trip? Sail along the southeast coast of Lanzarote and discover the island from a different perspective.
What are the most recommended excursions in Lanzarote?
The wide variety of tourist offers on Lanzarote make the choice of excursions sometimes difficult. However, routes to Timanfaya, Famara, the Papagayo coast or a day trip to La Graciosa are a must if you are staying several days on the island.
Camel Trekking in Lanzarote
The experience of visiting Timanfaya by camel is truly breathtaking. The beauty of the Timanfaya National Park is further enhanced by the camel tour. Plus, it’s a perfect activity to do with children!
Buggy tours in Lanzarote
If you are looking for action and adrenaline, Lanzarote is also the perfect place for it. Explore the area of Guatiza and Mala at the wheel of a fast buggy that will make you feel the excitement of off-road driving. Enjoy the arid landscapes of Lanzarote and feel the speed.
Dolphin watching excursions in Lanzarote
Dolphin spotting on the high seas is one of the most beautiful experiences you can have in a boat. Being in the Atlantic Ocean, Lanzarote has the great privilege of having dolphins in its waters which can be easily seen from the boat on numerous occasions. In addition, the excursion usually includes a small lunch, drinks and free time to enjoy a swim at some of the island’s beaches.