Trekking in Lanzarote
Volcanoes, white sand beaches, volcanic stone trails... the landscape and orography of Lanzarote hide some of the most incredible hiking trails in the world. Are you ready to discover them?
The best trails in Lanzarote
The island of Lanzarote is full of paths and trails to enjoy a good hike. Here are some of the most iconic routes:
- Caldera Colorada: this loop trail is one of the best-known mountain trails on the island for its reddish color and ease of ascent.
- Camino de los Gracioseros: this winding path will take you to the beach of El Risco from the village of Ye. A secluded route in the north of the island on which you will go through the steps, that centuries ago, the Gracioseros made with baskets of fish to sell in Lanzarote.
- Volcán del Cuervo: in the Natural Park of the Volcanoes you will find this simple route that will take you to the interior of one of the volcanoes of Timanfaya. You will be able to visit not only the edge of the crater, but also its interior!
- Femés Trail: in the south of Lanzarote, you will find this beautiful path to enjoy different panoramic landscapes such as Playa Blanca, Punta de Papagayo, Isla de Lobos or the dunes of Corralejo.
- Caldera Blanca Volcano: with a diameter of more than 1 kilometer, Caldera Blanca is the largest crater of Lanzarote and you can walk through it! In addition, the route to the summit is full of the characteristic black malpais stone.
Cheapest trails in Lanzarote
Most of the routes and trails in Lanzarote are totally free as they are part of the natural and scenic landscape of the island. However, the guided routes or tourist attractions, such as the visit to the Timanfaya National Park, may involve an entrance fee or a service charge.
IT COULD BE USEFUL
You can't miss
Most visited areas