Trekking in Lanzarote
The best trails in Lanzarote
The island of Lanzarote is full of paths and trails to enjoy a good hike. Here are some of the most iconic routes:
- Caldera Colorada: this loop trail is one of the best-known mountain trails on the island for its reddish color and ease of ascent.
- Camino de los Gracioseros: this winding path will take you to the beach of El Risco from the village of Ye. A secluded route in the north of the island on which you will go through the steps, that centuries ago, the Gracioseros made with baskets of fish to sell in Lanzarote.
- Volcán del Cuervo: in the Natural Park of the Volcanoes you will find this simple route that will take you to the interior of one of the volcanoes of Timanfaya. You will be able to visit not only the edge of the crater, but also its interior!
- Femés Trail: in the south of Lanzarote, you will find this beautiful path to enjoy different panoramic landscapes such as Playa Blanca, Punta de Papagayo, Isla de Lobos or the dunes of Corralejo.
- Caldera Blanca Volcano: with a diameter of more than 1 kilometer, Caldera Blanca is the largest crater of Lanzarote and you can walk through it! In addition, the route to the summit is full of the characteristic black malpais stone.
Cheapest trails in Lanzarote
Most of the routes and trails in Lanzarote are totally free as they are part of the natural and scenic landscape of the island. However, the guided routes or tourist attractions, such as the visit to the Timanfaya National Park, may involve an entrance fee or a service charge.
Network of trails on Lanzarote
Ready to discover the best routes in Lanzarote? This Canary Island offers a wide variety of routes for much more than hiking. Along some of its trails you can do trekking, mountain biking or other activities to enjoy the outdoors and nature.
The island has a large network of trails around its territory. Different options to discover the island in a different, ecological way and in full contact with nature.
Hiking map Lanzarote
It will be enough to take any map of Lanzarote to discover the great natural areas of this island. In Lanzarote you can discover a different island every time. Depending on the path chosen, you can learn more about its volcanoes, green landscapes, cliffs and coast.
If you are thinking of following several trails on the island of Lanzarote, do not hesitate to get a complete map where you can find all the natural trails of the island. In addition, on the Internet you will find different applications and websites with detailed information on each route, difficulty and type of trail.
Volcano Route Lanzarote
The Lanzarote Volcano Route is one of the most famous for tourists since it allows them to know closely the magnitude and beauty of the volcanoes of the island.
Although the route is of 13km total, it is of low difficulty, which allows everybody to enjoy it. However, it is necessary to wear a cap or hat to protect yourself from the sun, comfortable shoes suitable for hiking and water.
Being a circular route, the beginning and end of the trail is in the same place: the parking lot of the El Cuervo volcano.
Route Caldera Blanca Lanzarote
If you like nature and walking, the Caldera Blanca route is something you can not miss. In addition, before reaching its summit you can also enjoy another smaller volcano known as Caldereta. It is a route that was found within the Natural Park of the Volcanoes, a fact that makes walking along its trails even more special.
Undoubtedly, when you reach the top, you can feel the magic that this spectacular place on the island of Lanzarote transmits to everyone who manages to reach the top. The route of Caldera Blanca is of low difficulty. It begins in the church of the Dolores, in one of the areas where one of the lava tongues of the Timanfaya volcano ends. It is a route of approximately ten kilometers without great unevenness in which you will find sections of track, asphalt, and trail.
Although its difficulty is not very high, it is advisable to do it with appropriate footwear, water and sun protection. The Caldera Blanca route lasts approximately three hours.
Cuervo Lanzarote Volcano Route
The route of the Volcano El Cuervo is another of the essential routes on the island of Lanzarote since it is also part of the Natural Park of volcanoes and the Canarian Network of protected natural spaces. With an approximate extension of 10,158.4 hectares, the route through the El Cuervo volcano has a length of approximately 3 km, is circular and does not present an extreme difficulty.
As for the terrain and landscape, it combines gravel with lava fields, volcanic cones and slight slopes. The start is located in the car park located on the LZ-56, approximately 1.5 km from the junction between 30 and 56.
As you can see, the island of Lanzarote keeps a great variety of routes, trails and paths with which to discover the essence of the island while enjoying its peculiar and symbolic nature.