Popular festivities in Lanzarote in October
Some of the most important festivities of Lanzarote are celebrated in October:
- On 4th October there are two outstanding festivities: San Rafael (Saint Raphael) in Teguise and Nuestra Señora del Rosario (Our Lady of the Rosary) in Los Valles.
- On the second Sunday of October (8th October 2023), the town of Teseguite celebrates Nuestra Señora del Rosario (Our Lady of the Rosary).
- On the 12th October, the popular festivity of Chaxiraxi is celebrated in Argana Baja.
- On the 24th October, San Antonio María Claret (Saint Anthony Mary Claret) is celebrated in Altavista.
What is the weather like in Lanzarote in October?
The climate in Lanzarote is mild during the whole year, so any moment is a good time to visit the island.
If you are going to visit Lanzarote in October, you should bear in mind that the minimum temperature is usually around 19ºC, while the maximum temperature is around 27ºC.
This means that the days are a little hot, but they don’t usually exceed 29ºC, so it’s a very pleasant time to enjoy the beaches and all kinds of excursions.
What is the water temperature in Lanzarote in October?
Can I swim in Lanzarote in October? This is a key question asked by many tourists who visit the island during this time of the year. It will depend on your tolerance level, but it seems a good idea to swim in the Atlantic Ocean in October when the water temperature has an average of 22,7ºC.
The minimum temperature is usually around 21,9ºC , while the maximum temperature can reach 23,3ºC. Perfect for enjoying a nice autumn dip!
What to wear in Lanzarote in October?
October is one of the best months to visit Lanzarote because, in addition to good temperatures and little chance of rain, you can also enjoy the island more, since there are fewer tourists.
So, it’s time to pack your suitcase! And what to bring for this trip?
- Cool summer clothes, such as T-shirts and shorts.
- Some long clothes or a jacket/sweatshirt in case it gets cooler at night.
- Very comfortable shoes. Apart from flip-flops and sandals, you should also bring good trainers for hiking.
- Don’t forget your swimming costume!
With these basics, you will be well-equipped to enjoy your visit to Lanzarote in October.
The events that you cannot miss if you visit the island in October
Apart from the typical excursions and must-see places of interest, the month of October in Lanzarote offers some leisure and entertainment alternatives that can be very interesting and an added incentive to your visit. What are the events that you cannot miss?
- Canarias Remember Fest 90. On 31st October you can participate in this nostalgic musical review of an unforgettable decade.
- Arrecife en vivo. On the 6th and 12th of October, the concerts of one of the island’s most established music festivals continue.
- Ocean Lava Lanzarote. The 13th edition of this triathlon brings together the most intrepid athletes on the 20th October.
- Festival de Literatura. The first edition of this literary festival has Andrés Neuman as its guest on the 19th October at the Castillo de San José International Museum of Contemporary Art.
If you want to enjoy these and many other plans, visit Lanzarote in October and experience a unique and an unforgettable holiday!