Advantages of visiting Lanzarote
Lanzarote offers you a wide variety of plans to enjoy the island. From spectacular landscapes to dream beaches and the most impressive spots.
- The volcanic landscapeof Lanzarote, with more than 1,600 square kilometers of arid and desert terrain, will leave you speechless. For example: the Caldera Dorada, the volcano of Caldera Blanca and Caldereta or the Cuervo volcano are ideal for hiking.
- The Timanfaya National Parkis one of the most beautiful natural landscapes in Spain and a must.
- The beaches of Lanzarote are amazing: Papagayo, Famara, Playa Grande, Las Cucharas, El Jablillo, Playa Dorada, etc.
- The whole island has great nightlife, especially in areas such as Famara, which is full of tourists looking for fun.
- There is a wide variety of options for families, with very complete hotels, theme parks, etc.
- Eating in Lanzarote is a delight because there are numerous places to enjoy the gastronomy and local wine.
- You can discover numerous tourist attractions among natural resources: Charco Verde, Los Hervideros, Los Charcones, etc.
- You can get to knowthe work of César Manrique, a prominent local artist.
Advantages of visiting Fuerteventura
Fuerteventura is also a great option if you visit the Canary Islands because it has some of the best beaches in the archipelago. What other reasons are there to visit?
- It has a wide variety of small coves with turquoise waters and also large dream beachessuch as Cofete or Sotavento.
- It is a great destination forwater sports such as surfing.
- The dunes of Corralejoare one of the most emblematic places and are really impressive.
- You can make excursions to discover placessuch as the Caves of Ajuy, the Pico de la Zarza, the Calderón Hondo volcano or the Caldera de Gairía.
- It has very quiet beaches to go with children tothe north of the island.
- Eating goat meat and majorero cheeseis a must if you want to try the best of its gastronomy.
So which island is more beautiful, Lanzarote or Fuerteventura?
Lanzarote vs Fuerteventura? Choosing a single island is complicated because it is a very subjective and personal decision.
The beaches of Fuerteventura are very famous but Lanzarote offers you many other interesting options because there are many corners to discover, such as its caves or its natural pools, which are spectacular.
In addition, from Lanzarote you can access in a short time the island of La Graciosa, another great paradise of the Canary Islands that has a special charm.
Both Lanzarote and Fuerteventura are two paradises 100% recommended. Both are very beautiful islands with many options for culture and leisure, although Lanzarote is easier to travel around because it is smaller. And the local life is very quiet, another attraction if you are looking to disconnect.
In addition, if you stay in Lanzarote you can always dedicate a day and visit Fuerteventura to discover its most important places of interest because they are a ferry ride away.
Both for a family holiday and for a couple’s getaway, there is a varied tourist offer. The complicated thing is to choose, the easiest thing is to enjoy your free time!