Popular festivals in Lanzarote in May
There are a number of popular festivals to enjoy in Lanzarote in May and, as many towns host celebrations in honour of their patron saints, it is yet another excuse to visit some of the most emblematic places of the island.
The most important festivals in Lanzarote in May are the following:
- 1 May → San José Obrero, in Titerroy (Arrecife).
- 13 May → Nuestra Señora de Fátima, in Muñique (Teguise).
- 15 May → San Isidro, in Muñique (Teguise) and in Uga (Yaiza).
- 22 May → Santa Rita, in Tao (Teguise).
- 24 May → María Auxiliadora, in Montaña Blanca (San Bartolomé) and in Argana Alta (Arrecife).
How is the weather in Lanzarote in May?
The weather in Lanzarote in May is just right! The average temperature is around 25 degrees and there are up to 9 hours of sunshine so you can enjoy all the benefits of the island.
The days are usually sunny and warm so May is one of the best months to enjoy Lanzarote.
What is the temperature in Lanzarote in May?
The temperature in Lanzarote in May is very pleasant. The highs are around 25-26ºC and the lows are around 16-17ºC.
This means that the temperature is perfect for exploring the island without feeling too hot or too cold.
In addition, the water temperature is around 19ºC which is superb for a nice dip!
What to wear in Lanzarote in May?
As the weather in Lanzarote in May is very pleasant, you will have to pack the right clothing for your holiday.
During the day you may wish to go hiking or spend the day at the beach with a t-shirt and shorts. Don’t forget your swimsuit and flip-flops!
If you are going to be doing outdoor activities, don’t forget to bring comfortable shoes, preferably trainers.
Although you will want to bring clothes that are fresh and summery, it is advisable to also bring a jacket or sweatshirt in case it gets cooler at night.
A hat and sun protection are other essential items to bring with you in your suitcase if you come to Lanzarote in May.
Events you will not want to miss when visiting the island in May
In addition to the wide range of tourist activities that the island has to offer throughout the year, there are various sporting, cultural and leisure events taking place in Lanzarote in May that may be of interest to you when planning your trip.
If you are still undecided, here are even more reasons to visit Lanzarote in May:
- Ironman Lanzarote 2024. This exciting sporting event that tests the most daring of athletes will take place on 18 May. The 226 kilometre race is full of challenges through the impressive volcanic and coastal landscapes of the island.
- Canary Islands Day. Canary Islands Day is celebrated on 30 May to commemorate the first session of the Canary Islands Parliament which took place in 1982. On this day there are numerous events that are organised throughout the island of Lanzarote. Arrecife, San Bartolomé, Yaiza, Tinajo, Tías, Haría… There are activities in every municipality! You can find everything from children’s activities to performances, exhibitions and traditional meals.
As you can see, if you visit Lanzarote in May, there are many options available to make your stay even more memorable!