Popular festivals in Lanzarote in September
One of the best ways to get to know new places is by visiting popular festivals as it tell us a lot about the customs, traditions and identity of an area. In Lanzarote, in particular, September is a month full of festivals all over the island, including many interesting celebrations. Here are the most popular festivals:
|Sagrado Corazón de María
|Caleta de Famara (Teguise)
|Nuestra Señora del Pino
|Punta Mujeres (Haría)
|Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe
|Nuestra Señora de los Remedios
|Nuestra Señora del Socorro
|El Cristo de las Aguas
|Nuestra Señora de los Volcanes
|Mancha Blanca (Tinajo)
|End of summer party
|Playa Honda (San Bartolomé)
|Virgen de la Merced
Lanzarote’s temperature in September
The climate in Lanzarote is mild all year round. The warmest month is August, but when September arrives, the temperatures are much more pleasant.
The maximum daily temperature is around 27ºC and the minimum is about 21ºC. It rarely goes under 25°C and it is very uncommon if the temperature goes above 31°C or below 19°C during September.
In general, the average temperature in this month is about 22ºC. This is why it is so nice to visit Lanzarote in September.
Concerts in Lanzarote in September
One of the reasons for you to come and enjoy your holidays in Lanzarote in September is the opportunity to attend various concerts. There are musical performances for all tastes, with the highlight being the Arrecife en Vivo festival, which in 2023 is celebrating its tenth anniversary in style.
Here is a list of the best concerts in Lanzarote you can go to in September:
- 8 September. Pedro Pastor and Los Locos Descalzos perform at Lanzarote Airport as part of their Las Últimas Vueltas Tour.
- 9 September. Anna Tréa performs at El Almacén as part of the Tensamaba Festival, with rhythms that you will love.
- 22-29 September. The Arrecife en Vivo festival celebrates its tenth edition in Puerto de Arrecife. There are performances by Def Con Dos, Lady Banana, Desakato, Tote King and many other artists.
Events you will not want to miss if you visit the island in September
In addition to music, the island offers visitors many other cultural options. If you want to enjoy them whilst on your holidays in Lanzarote in September, make a note of some of these highlights:
- 14 September. The editor and journalist Sabina Urraca participates in the Lanzarote Literature Festival with a talk about the delicious ‘poison’ of reading.
- Until 16 September. Moisés Fleitas presents his work Selfshit which reflects on the dependence on the mobile phone in today’s society.
- Until 16 September. Venezuelan illustrator Sara Fratini lets us see El Jardín de la Verbena, a feminist mural that breaks society’s norms about women, beauty and social pressure.
These are just some of the most outstanding cultural events in Lanzarote in September, but there are many more! Come to the island to discover them!
We recommend you!