Popular festivals in Lanzarote in August
One of the things that influences our choice of holiday destination is the possibility of enjoying the traditional aspect of the place we are visiting. Popular festivals are some of the most interesting cultural events we can experience, as they include a wide range of leisure and entertainment for all ages. What are the most popular festivals in Lanzarote in August?
|5 August||Nuestra Señora de las Nieves||Risco de Famara (Teguise)|
|13 August||Nuestra Señora de la Peña||Mozaga (Teguise)|
|13 August||Nuestra Señora del Carmen||La Tiñosa (Tías)|
|15 August||Nuestra Señora de la Caridad||La Geria (Yaiza)|
|16 August||San Roque||Tinajo|
|18 August||Santa Elena||Playa Honda (San Bartolomé)|
|20 August||Nuestra Señora de Nazaret||Nazaret (Teguise)|
|23 August||Nuestra Señora de Lima||Haría|
|24 August||San Bartolomé||San Bartolomé|
|25 August||San Ginés||Arrecife|
|27 August||Santa Rosa de Lima||Órzola (Haría)|
There are many festivals that are celebrated all over Lanzarote in August which include all kinds of activities for the whole family.
Lanzarote’s temperature in August
August is the warmest month in Lanzarote. However, it is relatively mild and pleasant so you can still explore and enjoy all the charms of the island without it being too uncomfortable.
In August, the average maximum temperature in Lanzarote is around 28ºC, while the average minimum temperature is around 20ºC. During the day, it rarely drops below 26°C or rises above 31°C.
August is usually the hottest month and is perfect for making the most of its beautiful beaches. But this does not mean you cannot still do other activities such as hiking or going on excursions to other places of interest.
Concerts in Lanzarote in August
One of the reasons why people like to visit Lanzarote in August is that there are more cultural activities to be involved with. As far as music is concerned, this year performances are scheduled by the likes of:
- 2 August. Diego ‘El Cigala’. The flamenco singer takes his show ‘Piano y Voz’ to the Teatro El Salinero, in Arrecife. Pianist Jaime Calabuch accompanies him.
- Every Friday. Noches de Jameos. In Los Jameos del Agua, one of the essential places to visit in Lanzarote, every Friday dinner-concerts are organised that are well-worth a visit for a unique experience.
Lanzarote’s musical choices are at their best in August with venues all over the island hosting events where the most pleasant evenings can be enjoyed.
Events you cannot afford to miss out on if you visit the island in August
Lanzarote in August also offers many leisure, entertainment and sports activities that you can experience if you come on holiday during this time of year.
Here are some of the activities that will make your stay in Lanzarote even more enjoyable this summer:
- 16-19 August. 12th Spanish Championship XI César Manrique Cruiser-Regatta. The Spanish Cruiser-Regatta Championship is held at the Real Club Náutico de Arrecife.
- 24-26 August. Famara Total 2023. This sport event celebrates its eighth edition with mountain races held in the municipality of Teguise. There are four disciplines with each one more demanding.
- 31 August. Siembra: Cinema for young people. Lanzarote’s cultural offering includes the screening of the film ‘Alcarrás’, by Carla Simón, who won the Oso de Oro (Golden Bear) at the Berlinale. Admission is free at the Multicines Atlántida in Arrecife.
And, of course, added to all these reasons are all the other attractions that Lanzarote has to make a visit at any time of the year a pleasurable one!