- 1 What are the destinations you cannot miss visiting Lanzarote in one day?
- 2 What is the best way to make the most of a day in Lanzarote?
- 3 Which beaches are ideal for a quick visit to Lanzarote?
- 4 What are the main attractions near the cruise port in Arrecife for passengers on a one day cruise?
- 5 What outdoor activities can you do in Lanzarote in a day?
- 6 Perfect itinerary to explore the most emblematic places of the island in just 24 hours
What are the destinations you cannot miss visiting Lanzarote in one day?
It is impossible to fit all the incredible places that the island of Lanzarote has to offer into a single day, but if your time is limited, you should choose your visits wisely. Which are the destinations you can’t miss? We give you several options to choose from:
- Option 1: Jameos del Agua, Cueva de los Verdes, Haría, and Volcán de la Corona.
- Option 2: Timanfaya National Park, Charco de los Clicos, Los Hervideros, Yaiza, and La Geria.
- Option 3: Papagayo Beach, Mujeres Beach, Montaña Roja, and Los Charcones.
Keeping in mind that you can only be on the island for 24 hours, these routes are, by proximity, the most affordable ones to see in Lanzarote in a day.
What is the best way to make the most of a day in Lanzarote?
You will probably arrive by ferry to Playa Blanca or Puerto del Carmen, so you will have to take into account that you will be in the south of the island to start your excursion. Alternatively, you could fly into Lanzarote airport or take a cruise ship to the port of Arrecife and spend 24 hours discovering the island before travelling on to another part of the archipelago.
In any case, your location is a decisive factor when planning your time on the island, so that you can make the most of your stay.
Similarly, hiring a car will allow you to move around freely and is the most flexible option if you want to see different places of interest on the island.
Which beaches are ideal for a quick visit to Lanzarote?
If you’re only going to be in Lanzarote for a short time and your plan is to relax on one of its paradisiacal beaches with crystal-clear waters and golden sand, here is a selection of the best to see in Lanzarote in a day:
- Papagayo Beach, for the most appetising swim.
- Playa de Famara, for water sports.
- Los Charcones, a secret corner with incredible natural pools.
- Playa Grande, where you can enjoy the island’s tourist atmosphere.
- Punta Mujeres, with natural pools in a quiet fishing village.
Depending on your plan for those 24 hours on the island, you have many options of beaches to see in Lanzarote in one day.
What are the main attractions near the cruise port in Arrecife for passengers on a one day cruise?
Many of the cruise ships that come to Lanzarote dock in the port of Arrecife and, if this is your case, you can make the most of this short time to discover the city and its surroundings. There are numerous points of interest!
- The Charco de San Ginés.
- The Castle of San Gabriel.
- El Reducto beach.
- The Castle of San José.
The capital is full of tourist attractions to see in Lanzarote in one day.
What outdoor activities can you do in Lanzarote in a day?
The island is full of options to enjoy its outdoor charms, for its beaches, for its landscapes, for its climate, for its natural charms… This expands the amount of things to see in Lanzarote in a day, but you will have to choose!
- Hiking routes through its natural environment.
- Buggy tours through its volcanic landscapes.
- Catamaran trips to see the dolphins and its maritime landscape.
- Water activities on its beaches: kayaking, jet skiing, snorkelling, surfing, etc.
- Excursions to its natural viewpoints.
If you organise yourself well, you can combine several of these outdoor activities. For example, you can start the day with a walk in Timanfaya and end the day with a sunset in Puerto del Carmen.
Perfect itinerary to explore the most emblematic places of the island in just 24 hours
What is the best itinerary to see in Lanzarote in one day? The decision is complicated but here is our proposal:
- Timanfaya National Park.
- Charco de los Clicos.
- El Golfo.
- Punta Mujeres.
- Los Verdes Cave.
- Jameos del Agua.
- Mirador del Río.
- Caletón Blanco.
If you organise yourself well, you will have time to see it all, enjoying breathtaking landscapes, dream beaches, magical corners, outdoor and sporting activities, and, of course, the typical flavours of Lanzarote. You’ll be left with a good taste in your mouth but you’ll definitely want to come back for more.